Thursday, March 26, 2009

Did You Watch? - Grey's Anatomy

I'll admit that I've had a love/hate relationship with Grey's Anatomy this season. I've watched each episode faithfully, but I had given up on my hopes for the series... until now.

Earlier this season, Christina Yang (Sandra Oh) was injured when she slipped and fell on some ice... and then an icicle plunged into her abdomen. When I watched this, I thought it was a dream sequence. It was ridiculous in every sense of the word. What are the chances? There wasn't even anything to cause the icicle to fall! The icicle never melted in the ER!

Anyway, I watched the next few episodes somewhat reluctantly and eventually got past the icicle that never melted (Ugh!). When comparing that idiotic episode to the one that aired tonight, it seems as though the scripts were from two different shows.

Tonight, Grey's Anatomy reminded me why I started watching the show years ago. The acting by Sandra Oh, Kevin McKidd, and even Katherine Heigl was spectacular! All of the writing was fantastic and heartfelt, but the scenes with Oh and McKidd won me over. The dynamics between the cast have changed so much from the childish he said/she said of seasons past, and the writers seem to be getting to the emotional heart of the characters. I feel like the newcomer, Kevin McKidd, has brought a new direction to the show, and I hope he receives the praise he deserves for his performance.

I just can't say enough about the show. Grey's is back in my eyes, and I can't wait for more.

(But please, please, please. No more icicle-like accidents, writers! That's lame!)

No comments: