Thursday, March 26, 2009

Looking Ahead

It has been quite a long week, but one of the highlights for me was being advised. I stupidly waited until the last minute to be advised, but I left the meeting feeling refreshed, confident, and optimistic about the Fall semester.

I made the tough decisions about which classes to take, and I started to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Looks like I'll be done with my core classes after the Fall semester (Yay!) and all that will be left will be Political Science, Computer Science, and Blount courses.

Fall 2009 holds a lot of promise. I'm moving off-campus after two very good years in the Blount dorm, I'll be returning to the band for my 3rd season, and I'm going to have another semester of FREE FRIDAYS! (Somehow it worked out that the classes I wanted all had Tuesday / Thursday schedules!)

I think I should find time to go see my advisor more often. I always seem to feel so much more optimistic about my education and my choices after seeing the bigger picture! It is so easy for me to worry about big projects and difficult exams and forget my goals!

Hopefully you had a good meeting with your advisor and are as optimistic as I am. If not, don't worry! There is light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments: