Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Broken

It's official. I had one of the worst Spring Breaks ever. On Thursday, thirty minutes before I got into my car to go home to Ozark, I was in pain and knew it was going to be a bad day. Sure enough, Friday morning I was in the ER for 8 hours. Sunday night I was taken back to the hospital and scheduled for surgery. On Monday I had my gallbladder removed, and Tuesday afternoon I was finally released.

Trust me, it isn't ideal to spend the only 10 days of freedom from college in a hospital room and recovering from surgery. I didn't go to the beach. I didn't shop, sleep until noon, camp out, or take a road trip. Plans to visit my sister on the gulf coast were quickly tossed out, and I was only able to hang out with friends once.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful that I don't have to make up any tests or find notes for the classes I might have missed if it hadn't been Spring Break. The irony of the timing of my illness isn't lost on me though. Ten minutes after my last class of the week, I was hurting. I was checked into the ER on Friday the 13th, and admitted to the hospital on the Ides of March (Beware!).

I hope you enjoyed your Spring Break far more than I did. I've decided to plan a few big weekends to make up for my pathetic break... I'll let you know how that goes.