Thursday, March 5, 2009

Election Wrap-Up

Wow. Yesterday's election was electric. I didn't expect to see those fantastic numbers (14,000+ voters!). Hopefully the independents who voted won't scare off the SGA and lead to a move back towards paper ballots (I'm just sayin').

I'll admit I feel quite strongly that Kendra Key was the better candidate, but life goes on. (Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, right?) I wish Kendra the best because she is going to succeed at whatever she does. Thanks to Kendra we already have a fantastic recycling program, and I hope she will work with the SGA to implement some of her other plans. Her platform truly rocked.

I feel quite relieved to have this whole election over with... no one will be stalking students with little pieces of paper (though I was sad to miss out on the awesome Kendra Key cups), chalkings will get washed away, and students will move on. That's the way it works.



By the way, is it football season yet??

No comments: