Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Mom is on Facebook

Yes. My mother is on Facebook. She has been for a while, actually. I was sort of the person who talked her into it, but I still think it is weird. Sure, there are things that I might have once said in a status that I won't say just in case my mother reads it, but those moments of hesitation don't come very often.

I think it's nice having my mom on FB, though, because I can keep up with her and she can keep up with me... without too many phone calls a day. So far, the only downsides to having her on FB is her strange love of sending Flair, her many requests to add quiz applications, and her inability to turn down people she doesn't like for friendship on FB.

I'm really proud of my mom. Currently, she has 56 Facebook friends. Most of these people are from our town, her high school and college in Pennsylvania, or from work. She's even started recruiting more of her best friends to try it out. She's always finding someone she hasn't seen in 20 years and catching up on old times.

Really, it isn't that bad having a parent on Facebook. Granted, I don't have anything to hide from my mother and she wouldn't really care anyway, but it still isn't a bad thing.

I have a pretty cool mom.

No comments: