Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baton Rouge: Mission Accomplished

Well, ladies and gentlemen, the LSU trip was a success. Not only did we come back to Tuscaloosa with a 10th win, but we were actually able to enjoy the trip! We were expecting abuse from LSU fans, but with the exception of MANY middle fingers and "Tiger Bait's" it was thoroughly enjoyable (from the bus, we were able to count 82 middle fingers before the crowds became too large).

The game on Saturday was probably the most stressful football game I have ever witnessed... it was fantastic! I saw a video on YouTube a few days ago that exemplified what it felt like in that stadium. In the video, Alabama fans were watching as John Parker Wilson scored the touchdown in overtime. The camera began to shake and swing in every direction, filming wildly as fans jumped for joy. The fans were so loud.

That was the atmosphere. Pure chaos. Sitting in the band, we jumped, cheered, and high-fived before breaking into Rammer Jammer. It was powerful. My voice is still scratchy! I could not be prouder of our fantastic team for their hard work!!!!

It was a great weekend! I hope you enjoyed the game as much as I did... See you Saturday!




Here is the link to the video I mentioned above. Be warned: It has a few mild profanities and you may want to lower the volume. ENJOY!

No comments: