Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight Fever

I've been looking forward to the Twilight movie since I first read the books in August. When I started reading Twilight, I physically couldn't put it down. I finished the book in no time, and loved it thoroughly. I kept up with the news about Twilight and all of the new trailers. When the soundtrack came out, I started getting even more excited. The songs really are perfect together! It features bands like Muse, Paramore, Linkin Park, Collective Soul, Iron & Wine, and ROB PATTINSON.

(Think I'm the only one who liked the soundtrack? Maybe you didn't realize that they played a song from the CD in Bryant-Denny before the Mississippi State game. It was "Spotlight" by Mutemath.)

The Twilight fever keeps spreading, and now that the movie is out, the low-budget film is making tons of money. Is it getting great reviews? Heck no. The acting isn't necessarily oscar-worthy and the wirework is very awkward. I know there are flaws... but as a reader of the book, I was thrilled with the movie.

I can see how people who have never read the books will watch it and not like it. Some people think Bella is annoying. Kristin Stewart's Bella is very true to the book, in my opinion.

Overall, my roommate and I enjoyed the movie a lot. It was well worth the money, and it left me wanting more...



PS: The sequel, New Moon, has officially been green-lighted!

No comments: