Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cabin Fever

For the first time this semester, I had a 100% free weekend in Tuscaloosa. It's been great, but I also feel like I've been stuck inside a little too long. Now I have some more work to do, and I feel like I could explode if I don't escape. Today, I'm blogging about a few of my favorite places to study other than my dorm room.

First, I love to sit on the front steps of Gorgas and study when it isn't too cold. It's oddly peaceful, and the view of the Quad is awesome.

Another place I love to study, is actually off-campus. The Barnes and Noble in Midtown Village is so quiet and peaceful, that I often do my last minute cram sessions there while drinking a cup of Starbucks coffee.

Have you ever been to Riverwalk? It's another great place to study because you can sit on a bench overlooking the Black Warrior River. Very peaceful!

My roommate has a few favorite places to study as well. She said she likes to study on a blanket on the Blount Lawn when it is nice outside. Also, she said the basement of the library is usually so quiet that she has nothing to get distracted by, so she writes her papers and studies for exams down there.

Next time you need to escape your little dorm room (or apartment) try visiting a few of these locations to study in peace!

No comments: