Friday, February 6, 2009

The Day I Met Nick Saban

Ever since Nick Saban came to Alabama, people have been talking about him. He was featured on the front cover of Forbes magazine, voted Liberty Mutual's Coach of the Year, and has earned praise all over the country.


Last April I signed up to be in a pep band for the Crimson Caravan promotional tour. It was to generate support and donations in several Alabama cities, and took place on several different days over a three week span. The Caravan consisted of Big Al, Alabama Cheerleaders, a Million Dollar Pep Band, Eli Gold, and of course Coach Saban.


One stop was in Dothan, Alabama. Dothan is very near my hometown, so I was excited to see my dad while the Caravan was in town. He had gotten tickets, so when the band was given a short break, I went over to him. When I did, it was just minutes until Nick Saban made it through the crowd to where my dad was.


It was exciting. I didn't know what to do, but I managed to say a few words, shake his hand, and smile for a picture.
That was a good day... one I definitely won't forget.

No comments: