Monday, January 19, 2009

Five of My Newest Obsessions

As I drove back to Tuscaloosa today, I thought about all of the new things I've been listening to, watching, and playing... SO, here are just a few new things that I LOVE!

5. My new HP Printer
For Christmas, I got a printer! So far, not having to find a computer lab with a working printer is FABULOUS! I thought I wouldn't use it much, but I have definitely been able to, and the semester hasn't really even started!

4. Damien Rice
A friend of mine gave me a copy of his CD "9 Crimes," and I definitely enjoyed it. I recommend not listening to it while operation heavy machinery (it may cause complete relaxation and slight drowsiness). I loved his song "Cannonball" but hadn't really heard any of his other songs. Now, I'm hooked!!

3. The New Season of Desperate Housewives
I remember watching the first-ever episode of this show with my sister. By last season I had lost all interest in the show and decided to stop watching it... then I heard a rumor that the new season of the show was set to take place 5 years later! As it turns out, this clever change brought new life into the show and got rid of some ridiculous story lines! Now, I eagerly await the show each week... just like I used to!

2. John Grisham's The Appeal
As with any Grisham novel, The Appeal kept me interested. I could tell that Grisham had a bone to pick, and perhaps this book will open more eyes to the problem with electing State Supreme Court justices. It was a good read, and I can't wait for his new book, The Associate, coming very soon (January 27, 2009)!!

1. Guitar Hero: On Tour for Nintendo DS
This game is just like the real version, only it fits in your pocket! I've enjoyed playing it, though it is much less comfortable than playing the original version. I've been using the game to brush up on my skills, so that I can compete with my friends at our next "Rock Band" Party! It was definitely worth the money to get this great game!


Enjoy!

No comments: